Thursday, May 22, 2008

The JPA Experience(so far)

I haven't blogged since January 5th omg..Anyway, thought I'd blog about my personal JPA scholarship experience xD..

I shouted during the interview(seriously I did). Read on for that xD

Started off when I got 10A1s and an A2 -EST nooooo T_T- which I didn't expect to get at all. I expected like 8As because my trials were kinda bad-ish. So then started the frenzy of applying for this that and dunno what else. Certifying this cert that cert, ic la payslips la that was super hectic.

Offers so far was UTM, Uniten, and UEM so was kinda debating but secretly hoping for JPA before deciding anything.

So when I knew I was shortlisted for the interview, started preparing like mad. Thank you Guo Sheng for all the past and present national issues xD which turned out useless but thanks nevertheless. Started memorising the Menteri Besar's name la, PM's name, lotsa ministers, JPA's head's name also a Mr Tan Sri Ismail Adam xD. Thank you Gan also for helping me jot down all the points for the recent issues. Then read up a whole lot about Dentistry and Ordonthology. Almost felt even worse than studying for SPM, well almost cause SPM had sejarah la xD.

So interview day, felt quite confident on the outside but on the inside the nerves were there threatening to upset my stomach lol. Then this guy beside me was super nervous, and I was trying to calm him down and reassure him when i was feeling the same LOL!

Thanks to ReCom I prepared my intro in BM and memorised it, and also made one in english xD. Then the question was 'If you could change one thing during your school days what would it be?' Easy question compared with Dewan Rakyat and all x_X. Then came the surprise, they asked us 'Okay now you people gotta do some acting'. We were like what did she say? ACT? OMG?! Then they said yeah act, as your discipline teacher xD

So well as I said, I started with a boring speech den after a few seconds shouted at some imaginary fella called Muthusamy lol. "Muthusamy stop talking with girls while I'm talking!" Then i ramble on about the school's cleanliness then that non-existent Muthusamy makes noise again so I say "Muthusamy! Come up on stage now!" Then i face the crowd(we're in an assembly btw) and say, "You see this boy, when I talk he talks, and that day I caught him littering in his class" Faces Muthusamy and says "If I catch you throwing rubbish all over the place I'll throw you into the rubbish bin" Well it wasn't that funny but it was spontaneous and under that really tense interview so it kinda had everyone laughing.

Before we exited, we shook hands with the interviewers and one of them actually said "Well done" to me. So that made my spirits soar xD

So on Mother's Day the results were out. My mum was trying all night before Mother's Day but the JPA web was flooded. She couldn't sleep all night(i slept well mind you xD) and we finally found out that morning that I got it.

So now eagerly waiting for the PosLembab to reach lol and made a lotta new friends already fellow future dentists and some others among them all through Recom.

That's it for now, Shawn Paul signing off..

Oh yea, this is kinda old but it made me laugh a lot so take a look at it, go to youtube and search for comedy court. It's super funny =D

No comments: